123 19th Street NE, Watertown, SD (605) 886-0123
Serenity Hills is a residential facility for those suffering from mental illness and/or addictions. It offers a unique environment of compassion, dignity, structure and serenity. It is designed to help people begin and continue the journey of recovery, healing and wholeness. Serenity Hills offers distinct programs within a single facility, Social Setting Medically Monitored Detox, Dual Diagnosis Halfway House, Safe Room and Slip Slot.
Serenity Hills emphasizes the restoration of dignity and self-worth while teaching individual responsibility. This includes the development of independent living skills, relapse prevention, coping skills, social skill training, and opportunities for spiritual growth. Serenity Hills combines a 12-step philosophy with a multi-disciplinary team approach including psychiatric, psychological, mental health and addictions.
Serenity Hills offers a short term Safe Room designed for situations re-quiring protective custody for mental health crisis.
1) Are you currently under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs?
2) Are you experiencing withdrawal symptoms?
3) Are your current health problems manageable without hospitalization?
To Make a Referral:
1. Call Serenity Hills at (605) 884-0650.
2. Inform a staff member that you wish to have yourself or someone you are referring admitted for detoxification
3. Staff member will then ask you a few questions such as name, phone number, possible medications, medical history and withdrawal symptoms.
4. Staff member will confirm/deny admission with you over the telephone if appropriate for Social Setting Medi-cally Monitored Detoxification.
5. Admissions accepted anytime
To apply for admission:
1. Complete application linked above or call Serenity Hills at (605) 884-0650 for information
2. Addiction, psychological/psychiatric, physical evaluation and medication record required prior to admission
3. Slip Slot Services (IOP) available if census allows